Sunday, December 1, 2013

Second Floor of Hunterdon Art Museum

These "Large Works" were bothersome to me in that they were all entitled Untitled. And while they are large and impressive, only the colorful ones really appealed to me. The other ones were noteworthy only on the basis of size and strangeness; I would never spend money on these pieces. I am quite impressed that a now 85 year-old man is making these huge things. Such productivity in old age must be healthy. 






The photographs were interesting, I suppose. He took pictures of little things, (this is a picture of two black beans) with micro lens to make them look gargantuan; it made an interesting effect.


They also had this painterly quality that I really liked, like they weren't really in perfect focus. (It's not just my picture-taking!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment