Wednesday, December 11, 2013

American Art at the Allentown Art Museum

Have had such a busy week! Did not get to post these pictures from the Allentown Art Museum, which I visited on Friday, until today! These pieces are always in the museum but I do have my favorites.


 I LOVE this still life; it's positively inspirational in its precision. It would be even more illusory if it weren't shiny.

I am not impressed. It's like a less radiant Kandinsky, and I never really loved him anyway. 


I find this nifty and charming. It's interesting that she made Exquisite Corpse into a sculpting game!

In another dimension where I'm wealthy enough to own art, this is mine. It's beautiful.


This thing is nifty. It makes strange noise from things colliding off of one another. The museum security guard is always very keen to demonstrate and I think it'd be an interesting noise for a clock to make.
I THOUGHT HE WAS REAL! (From a distance). Nope. And then I thought his sweater was made of fabric! NOPE!!
THAT SWEATER IS MADE OF BRONZE!!!!





Why didn't he title it? To keep it ambiguous? It looks so smug.

The only woman in the picture is this indiscreet figure, so I can only assume it's her. A strange self-portrait.


I'm afraid I could never make anything so painstaking.



Entitled The Politician, naturally. Clever. Wonderfully large.


Wish I had a better focused picture! This thing is gorgeous. An interesting thing to put on the wall because it almost resembles a ridiculously lavish tabletop.



Interesting!

I'm not sure why they put these subtly colored pieces in the darkest room of the museum. This thing is alright; a little to plain and non-objective for my liking, but still okay. I'd never care to make anything like it.



If I ever get married I"m going to have portraits painted like this, only obviously a tad more modernized. I think it's a marvelous concept that should still be in vogue. The downside of photography.


Ehhhhhh....






It's never good when I'm more impressed by the scale of a painting than the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment