Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mariko Mori Exhibit

Today I ventured into New York City again to visit the Mariko Mori exhibit at the Japan Society. It was... interesting. Very abstract and naturalistic. Honestly I was not too thrilled but at least I have something to write about for my Basic Art&Tech CEC and I do understand it, I just didn't LOVE it.



Excuse the appearance; I TRIED to make it more legible but didn't quite succeed...





This room was sort of interesting. We weren't allowed to take pictures in most of the exhibit, unfortunately. This part of the exhibit was a room in which a crystal dangled from the ceiling over a mound of salt and on the wall were eight round pictures of particles- there seemed to be an ongoing bubble theme in this exhibit if one wasn't aware that they were supposed to be particles.









I am not a fan of this picture. I know that she's focusing on prehistoric images but this one just doesn't seem extremely exciting. All of these images would be far more interesting if she provided insight as to what they were once used for and why they were arranged. Otherwise they're just all a bit boggling.


No comments:

Post a Comment