Monday, October 7, 2013

Images From the Institute of Contemporary Arts






This was my favorite piece called Good Grief. I just don't get it! Why did she put the blue square there? What is that weird animal? It's boggling and fun to look at.







I find this so inspirational! What's going on?! She had this reoccurring theme of people coming out of other people's torso; I've never thought of such a concept!




















I really love all of these and wish I could make such great portraits!


This was in one of the Umbrian Line pictures.






This piece is by Joan Semmel and I feel perverted likingit so much but I LOVE that color green and how she didn't entitle it something obvious like People Shagging but instead Green Heart. Very nifty, wish I'd taken a clearer picture.


Isn't this nuts!? Apparently this artist, Alice Meel, did a series of paintings of pregnant women! It's honestly so weird; I'm so accustomed to perfect, idealized nudes.












This is extremely layered, caked on and cracked acrylic paint, made to look like a mosaic! Amazing.


Here are views from the back of the museum. It was very apocalyptic-looking day but I loved the architecture.





No comments:

Post a Comment