Sunday, September 15, 2013

I noticed today while I was wondering what to post on this blog that there are a lot of names on everyday products, but we don't really know who those people are. For example, the Sloan flushing toilets in shopping malls and the Josam drain in my dorm shower. Who is Josam, and how involved was he/she in the making of the grate?
It reminds me of the whole concept of artists signing their work, and I wonder if that's what's going on here, except on an industrial level. And is it possible that on the side Josam makes actual works of art? He/she clearly grasps symmetry; I don't think it's out of the question. So even though these are not the most beautiful photographs I did enjoy spending a small portion of my day creeping about looking for these product signatures, wondering if any one of the individuals behind them is tragically unrecognized and dolefully puts their talent to industrial commodities. It's a scary thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment