Monday, September 23, 2013

Art Festival Ceramics

If only it hadn't been under a tent! The glazes were gorgeous and the woman selling them was genius for putting them on that rug to set them off.

I wish the right side was a still-life for me to paint.


THESE MUGS WERE AMAZING!!! Pieces of art in of themselves. The woman who made said she could tell who would like them and who wouldn't and that some people were seemingly offended by them! One person apparently came up and snootily said, "How avant-garde." Compliment? Insult? Who knows. I adored each one.


I ended up buying this one because I'll drink tea out of it while I'm working on an essay or something and feel like an inanimate object is sympathizing with me. An unusual experience worth having, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment