Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Random, Interesting Things I Feel Like Sharing


This was randomly scrawled on a sidewalk, not sure why.


At the time I was like "Wow! This woman is the pinnacle of modern and trendy!" She made me wish I were a New Yorker or ever could be.

Cult of coffee consumers. (I'm a member, unfortunately).
These lights hanging from the Starbucks ceiling are so appealing! Certainly something to keep in mind for theoretical future decorating.
It amazes me how the OBEY Giant is such a phenomenon. The man I babysit for has the sticker on his bumper, I see entirely non-artistic (looking) individuals wearing sweaters with the image; in some way art is so disconnected from everyday life but then here's this fairly contemporary image that's becoming as known as Warhol's soup cans. It's great! But puzzling. What makes some things take off and others fall flat?

Not sure what "Juicy Canvas" is, but I love this sticker.
I've never seen this building before! This is the most massive post office I've ever laid eyes on! And, since I've never been to Washington D.C., probably the largest government building I've ever seen, too. Astounding, I should've looked inside!
Will pay phones ever become absolute relics? Are they doomed?

I certainly feel bad for them, but I wish I knew why they're there. How could you NOT have a home, or relatives to live with? At what point do you sleep on the floor of bus terminals?
(If I don't pay my college loans would I get there?)


I feel like I owe it to Aziz to post this, certainly free advertising. It was a pretty funny show to watch and it was Netflix's best recent add in months. Very rare occasion.

I want there to be a deeper meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment